VITA Resources (for Volunteers)
Ideally, in late November or early December, you picked up (or will pick up) the part of the VITA training materials that are available in printed format (bundled together as “Publication 4480”) at either WWU or WCC. (If you didn’t pick up your training materials, see further down this page for links to the electronic copies of those training materials.)
Some of the essential VITA training materials are available in both printed and electronic format, and other essential VITA training materials are only available electronically.
IMPORTANT: Download the VITA Training Instructions FIRST:
VITA_Training_Instructions_START_HERE Important! Start with this 6-page guide! This is your guide on how to do the VITA Training, use the Practice Lab, take the tests, etc. Print this & read it THOROUGHLY for essential information.
The printed VITA training materials are bundled together as “Publication 4480” and can be picked up from the VITA Coordinator at WWU or WCC, but they are available to download here also. The following VITA training materials are available in printed form to our volunteers (if you have signed up to volunteer).
- Publication 4012 – Volunteer Resource Guide (this is your main reference)
- Form 6744 Volunteer Test/Retest Booklet (You must do the tests online – BUT – do the tests in this booklet first, THEN go online to enter your answers – see the VITA Training Instructions)
However, several of your VITA training materials are available ONLY in electronic format, so you’ll need to download them. To download files, right click on the name of the file (for Macs: Control – click), and “Save Link/Target as…” to save it to your computer.
- Publication 4491 – VITA Training Guide (this is your main textbook)
- Publication 4961 – VSOC (Volunteer Standards of Conduct [Ethics] Training
- Publication 5101 – Intake/Interview & Quality Review Training
- VITA Self-Study Plans – all VITA Self-Study Plans (all 6 plans listed individually below – in one pdf file)
Some of the VITA resources (Pub 17 and Form 1040 Instructions) have not yet been released by the IRS for 2016. Once they have been released, the links below will give you the 2016 versions. (Until then, you’ll get the 2015 versions.)
VITA Self-Study Plans (What to do and when to do it, so that you complete your self-study VITA Training on time!)
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Dec 3 2016
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Dec 10 2016
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Dec 17 2016
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Dec 24 2016
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Dec 31 2016
VITA Self-Study Plan starting Jan 7 2017
For more information, see the main VITA page on our Beta Alpha Psi website.