What is Accounting Society?
Any WWU students interested in accounting/finance/information systems may join the WWU Accounting Society (Accounting Society applications may be submitted at any time.)
Accounting Society members who meet grade point, service & participation requirements may also join Beta Alpha Psi, the International Honor Society for Financial Information Students and Professionals.
Look for signs, posted weekly, announcing Beta Alpha Psi sponsored meetings and accounting society meetings and functions!
Benefits of Membership in the WWU Accounting Society
- The opportunity to meet and interact with other students interested in accounting.
- The opportunity to participate (as guests) in WWU Beta Alpha Psi sponsored weekly technical and professional meetings.
- The opportunity to meet and interact with other members of the accounting profession through Accounting Society sponsored social activities, visits to firms, etc. The WWU Accounting Society has ongoing interaction with accounting professionals from:
- Public Accounting (CPA) firms
- Corporate Accounting
- Professional societies of accountants
- The opportunity to learn more about accounting and the accounting profession through the Beta Alpha Psi weekly social and technical meetings and other Beta Alpha Psi sponsored events.
- The opportunity to serve on a variety of Accounting Society committees structured to meet the high quality goals for the WWU Accounting Society.
- Reduced (member) prices for Beta Alpha Psi’s Meet the Professionals Night (in Seattle) and the Spring Banquet!
- The opportunity, if grade point, service, and participation requirements are met, to join our chapter of Beta Alpha Psi, the National Accounting Honor Society.
How to become a member of the WWU Accounting Society
- Complete a Member Information Form (available at weekly meetings)
- Pay WWU Accounting Society Dues: $40/quarter, $70/two quarters, $100/year (If you pay for multiple quarters at one time they must fall in the same academic year)
- Nonmembers pay $6 per meeting